Resource Direct Recruitment (RDR) is an internal recruitment for a global energy services and facilities management group. Our recruiting expertise spans across facilities management (hard and soft services), corporate, executive, sales, marketing, procurement, operations, manufacturing, engineering, finance, IT and HR. We pride ourselves in recruiting the best talent and offer insight on recruitment industry trends.
RDR are currently recruiting for a Senior Project Manager on behalf of Engie Fabricom at our Stokesley office. This is a permanent, full time role and on offer is a competitive salary.
The Senior Project Manager has overall responsibility, authority and accountability for successful delivery of larger engineering, procurement and construction projects, either as full EPC projects, or EPCM variants.
The Senior Project Manager must manage these projects in a safe and productive manner, with full technical compliance across all disciplines, and achieve milestone completion on time and budget.
This role is one whereby the Senior Project Manager will usually be heading-up a bespoke project team of senior engineers and managers, and interfacing directly with key client representatives often including investors and multiple project stakeholders.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage safety and environmental implications on the project, ensuring compliance with all legal and company procedures, and promoting positive and pro-active attitude to working safely at all levels.
- Management and control of all aspects of the project/contracts as assigned by the company.
- Planning of works to ensure maximum efficiency and protection of the commercial position.
- Lead liaison with all project support functions, to ensure a coherent and robust approach to project activities
- Maximise productivity by clear direction and control of the project team and all resources.
- Ensure the contract is scheduled in accordance with both the contract and client’s requirements; however protection of the commercial position takes precedence over any schedule issues.
- Working within the company’s ISO 9001:2008 quality systems, ensuring all engineering and construction activities are supplied to meet the contract’s requirements, including all appropriate contract specifications.
- Compile and issue all necessary cost and schedule progress reports in line with company procedures, and take action in a timely manner to correct any issues likely to result in poorer outturn figures.
- Maintain full awareness of the total commercial position of the project at all times, ensuring delay/disruption and variation issues are managed in an appropriate and timely manner thus the required profit margins are delivered. Advise Projects Delivery Manager of any issues that may have a significant commercial impact on the project as soon as they become evident.
- Act as an ambassador of the company, always presenting the right image to existing and potential clients and assist all other managers within the company to achieve a better bottom line across all divisions.
- Implement company procedures, or any other instructions given by the Projects Delivery Manager, ensuring that all controls are in place.
- Manage construction supervision, engineering and labour force in such a manner that, the contract is completed to the clients satisfaction and target profit margin is met or exceeded.
- Ensure high quality of the design and documentation relating to a project.
- Inform line manager of potential project risks identified in a timely manner.
- Work within allocated CTR or man hours.
- Demonstrate clear understating of commercial status of projects.
- Work to agreed project plan and/or help develop project milestones.
- The Project Manager is responsible for development of the project risk register.
- Development of project programmes to ensure key dates and milestones are achieved.
- Ensure changes are identified and agreed with client in timely manner.
- Undertake project risk reviews.
- Achieve target project profit margins.
- Identify potential adverse future events on projects and takes timely corrective action, so that risks to achievement of the project objectives are eliminated
Knowledge, Experience & Qualifications –
- Relevant professional /vocational qualification i.e. University degree or equivalent in engineering
- Chartered engineer (Desireable)
- Significant project engineering and management experience within the high hazard process industry, including several larger EPC/EPCM projects
- Be familiar with all engineering software available at CED EPCM including the SmartPlant suite of engineering and design software.
How to Apply:
Please apply directly for the Senior Project Manager vacancy.
“Due to the high volume of applicants we will not contact unsuccessful applicants at screening process.
For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. RDR do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.”