RDR are recruiting for a Buyer to be based in Wrath upon Dearne. This is a permanent full-time role working 08:00 – 16:30 Monday to Thursday & 08:00 – 16:00 Friday. On offer is a competitive salary & benefits package.
The main purpose of the role is to provide a professional, efficient and effective plant and material scheduling / purchasing function for the group & to support the implementation and on-going management of group sourcing arrangements.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Procurement of plant and materials and placing orders ensuring delivery to site in accordance with: Standard company operating procedures, Group preferences, Standard conditions of purchase, Cost / profit improvement targets, Required quality and quantity, Programmed delivery dates
- Actively contribute to enhancing group profits
- Attend and participate in Design Team Meetings to drive specifications towards most commercially advantageous solution
- Produce cost / value reconciliation of purchase orders
- Provide support to Accounts team to ensure prompt resolution of invoice queries / issues
- Contribute to the development of improved purchasing processes and procedures
- Participate and contribute to regular group purchasing meetings and forums to communicate developments, share good practice and up skill our people
- Build excellent supplier relations
- Participate in establishing the group as the industry leader in Supply Chain Management
Qualifications and Required Experience:
- Computer literate MS Office, Evision
- Construction related qualification (ONC / HNC). Have or working towards professional procurement qualification
- Full valid clean Driving Licence
- Proven track record
- Able to supervise and manage others
- Excellent organization and planning skills
- Knowledge of best practice supply chain management tools
- Strong industry and sector knowledge
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Team orientated / promotes teamwork
- Ability to build strong relations internally and externally
- Disciplined in meeting deadlines
- Innovative / finds solutions
How to Apply:
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Kelly on 01642 844550 to apply for the Buyer vacancy.
Due to the high volume of applicants we will not contact unsuccessful applicants at screening process.
For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. RDR do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community