RDR are recruiting for a Site Manager to be based in Hackney (various sites). This is a permanent full-time role working 07:30 to 17:00 Monday to Friday. On offer is a competitive salary, company vehicle or allowance, bonus and benefits package.
The role of the Site Manager is to undertake the day to day management of construction activities of a designated project in order to maximise the company’s profitability and client satisfaction whilst ensuring programme, Health and Safety and Quality Control are upheld to the highest of standards at all times.
Main Responsibilities/Duties Include:
- To assist the Contracts Manager with pre-start details
- To report to the Contracts Manager the progress against the programme
- Maintenance of company driven Health & Safety procedures / initiatives, including use of PPE, Site Inductions, Management of Method Statements/Risk Assessments, Work Permits, Scaffold/Lifting equipment inspections, In house audits / inspections & site house keeping
- Adherence to the Company quality standards including Management of defects, compliance with specification & compliance with materials / workmanship schedules
- Coordination / Leadership of the site team, inclusive of Assistant Site Managers, Administrators, Sub-Contractors & other site operatives
- Liaison with the client, consultants, contract administrator, head office etc.
- To be responsible for the opening and closing of the site facilities
- Management of site facilities; welfare, toilets, offices, compound area etc.
- Management of site housekeeping, discipline, behaviour etc
- To be aware at all times of possible commercial opportunities
- Co-ordinate the Sub-Contractors as appropriate
- Preparation of site progress reports
- Material take offs and co-ordination
- To be responsible for the accurate / timely completion of site-based documentation
- Attendance at project and company related meetings
- Preparation of the Health and Safety file
- Carry our work inspections and checks
- Any other reasonable management request
Required Qualifications, Skills or Experience:
Education / Qualifications:
- Relevant H&S courses
- Previous Site management experience within New Build housing, Regeneration
- Up to date relevant knowledge of building legislation
- Up to date relevant knowledge of Health and Safety legislation
- Understanding of local government
- Experience of partnership arrangements
Skills / Knowledge:
- Ability to fully operate Microsoft Project (Programming)
- Excellent organisational skills
- Financial and commercial awareness
- Effectively manage time in order to meet deadlines
- Ability to competently operate MS office
- Current and Valid UK driving licence
How to apply:
Please email your CV to email@example.com or call on 01642 844550
Due to the high volume of applicants we will not contact unsuccessful applicants at screening process.
For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. RDR do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.