RDR are recruiting for a Senior Buried Network Design Engineer to be based in Birmingham. This is a permanent full-time role. On offer is a competitive salary and benefits package.
The client is committed to leading our sector in Health, Safety, Quality and Sustainability. Our employees have a collective responsibility to work safely in a healthy and sustainable work environment, to assist the company in eliminating and minimising risk and our impact on the environment, whilst providing benefits for our clients, colleagues and the community. All employees are expected to work in accordance with our health and safety, sustainability and quality policies and procedures.
Key Responsibilities of the Senior Buried Network Design Engineer:
- To implement the clients Urban Energy H&S policy & procedures and all legal requirements
- Input to the tender risk management and generation process
- To implement best practice & innovation
- To take advantage of opportunities to develop oneself & others
- To recognise best practice throughout the business
- Keep project schedule up to date with current/pending projects
- Set and maintain standards of safety, health, environment and quality (SHEQ) practice and deliver relevant awareness training to internal staff and contractors as appropriate in accordance with the clients Urban Energy and customer requirements
- Monitor competencies of all staff and provide advice on any shortfalls
- Participate in the promotion of safety programmes and schemes that may be developed on a local and business unit level
- Conduct monthly inspections on all sites and submit a report
- Visit sites on requests for advice, training, support or to complete specific assessments e.g. fire assessment / RAMS
- Follow up closed down actions of report
- Provide monthly statistics
- Attend project meetings as requested
- Attend project handover / debrief meetings
- Conduct accident/near miss investigations and update statistics
- Keep training matrix up to date with new starters/leavers
- Organise training and ensure certificates do not expire
- Arrange CSCS tests and order cards
- Assist with any PQQ’s
Required Qualifications, Skills or Experience:
- Membership of an appropriate professional body.
- IT literate (Word, Excel, Outlook), Concise verbal & written communication skills
- Broad experience within the Utilities or district heating environments.
- AIEMA (Environment), preferred
- CDM awareness & to maintain up-to-date with current changes.
- City & Guilds Level 5 NVQ Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety Practice or equivalent
- NEBOSH construction certificate or appropriate Health and Safety qualification
- NEBOSH Fire Certificate would be desirable
- SMSTS or CSCS Black card
How to apply:
Please email your CV to email@example.com or call Yaw on 01642 844550
Due to the high volume of applicants we will not contact unsuccessful applicants at screening process.
For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. RDR do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.