RDR are recruiting for a Project HSEQ Manager. The role is full time for a fixed term contract of 12 months. On offer is a competitive salary.
To comprehensively, proactively and professionally manage and take accountability for all aspects of Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality performance on your allocated project(s), ensuring effective implementation of the Company’s Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Management Systems at all times.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prioritise workloads effectively and efficiently.
- Manage time to ensure adequate delivery of deliverables set by The Business Operations Director or HSEQ Director.
- To plan, promote and assess arrangements for HSEQ.
- To be actively involved in the continuous improvement of the Company Health Safety and Environmental Management System.
- To facilitate audits and inspections from third parties, including those associated with ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 accreditation.
- Assist the business unit with resource planning for HS&E activities.
- To monitor compliance with Health, Safety & Environmental legislation, codes of practice and approved safe working methods.
- To identify safety training needs, develop and maintain a training programme for all employees and carry out safety training as required.
- To encourage employee participation through safety suggestions, safety meeting feedback and safety incentives.
- To prepare and display safety communications and posters.
- To audit work areas, premises, processes and activities, reporting deficiencies for action and monitor follow-up actions, including suppliers.
- To develop, review and update safety action plans, and ensure that people have acknowledged acceptance of their allocated responsibilities.
- To assess the capabilities and monitor the safety performance of suppliers.
- To collate relevant information and statistics on HSE performance and to present the information in a format of a formal report to the business.
- To maintain and implement an effective process of structured internal audit of activities against the company management systems and arrangements.
- Full compliance with all applicable procedures including;
- Contributing to the achievement of KPI’s associated with organisational goals and objectives.
- Manage the assets of the company’s regional facilities.
- Manage the safety induction of new employees within the business unit.
- Assist the Business Development and Proposals Team with information applicable to Health, Safety and Environmental.
- Manage the company’s obligations under the CDM Regulations.
- Design, deliver and evaluate Toolbox Talks.
- Arrange and lead safety meetings, presentations as required.
Required Qualifications, Skills or Experience:
- Must hold, as a minimum, NEBOSH General Certificate.
- Must have good level of experience in the industry and of the relevant legislation and, or has, direct regular access to such a person.
- Must have a good working knowledge of the all applicable legislation and regulations as listed in the Company Management System.
- Build effective working relationships at all levels.
- Can communicate skills, knowledge and experience, and apply them professionally as a trusted expert.
- Act as an ambassador for positive culture.
- Full clean driving licence.
- Occasional flexible working required.
- Occasional lone and/or home working required.
- Some UK travel.
- In-depth technical knowledge of relevant legislation, standards, guidelines. systems and processes.
- Manage safety advisors and other employees, contractors and workers allocated roles involving aspects of Health Safety, Environmental and Quality.
- Will be required to monitor the Health Safety & Environmental development of trainees.
- To attend formal meetings with clients to represent the business on matters relating to Health Safety and the Environment.
How to Apply:
Please send your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Yaw on 01642844550 for more information.
Due to the high volume of applicants we will not contact unsuccessful applicants at screening process.
For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. RDR do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.