RDR are recruiting for a Mobile Controls Engineer to be based in Bellshill. This is a permanent, full-time role working 40 hours per week. On offer is a competitive salary, dependent upon skills and experience with a shift allowance and high quality benefits package.
This is a role for a proven Controls Engineer with a strong background in PLC and SCADA control systems.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Carry out operator interface assessment including upgrading schematics and documentation to allow operators to monitor the controls with sufficient confidence
- Assess and improve plant utilisation and energy management
- Provide dedicated Controls support in the event of system / sub-system failure and its speed of resolution
- Review and undertake de-commissioning activities in relation of updating controls functionality as temporary connections are removed
- Prepare for and develop control philosophy in conjunction with the Design team for Legacy phase operation and development
- Provide monthly stored data results held on the SCADA system in the correct format, which is critical in the formulation of the monthly report supplied to the “Employer”
Qualifications and Required Experience:
- Previous experience in this field and the relevant industry qualifications.
- A good understanding of operations and maintenance, heating / chilling plant and distribution systems on a commercial and industrial level is desirable
- Expert knowledge of IT related monitoring systems, in particular:
- Understanding PLC logic and control philosophy and its practical application to commercial / industrial systems
- Commissioning of new PLC control systems and carrying our modifications and logic changes
- Software change control management
- Functional control changes to reflect new operational requirements
How to Apply:
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Kelly on 01642 844550 to apply for the Controls Engineer vacancy.
Due to the high volume of applicants we will not contact unsuccessful applicants at screening process.
For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. RDR do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, an+d we welcome applications from all sections of the community.