RDR are currently recruiting for a Multi-Skilled Electrical Engineer to be based in Manchester. This is a full time permanent role working on a shift pattern of 07:00 -15:00 and 10:00 – 18:00 Monday to Friday. On offer is a competitive salary and shift allowance.
The Multi-Skilled Engineer will be responsible for the technical performance and maintenance of standards within the site. They will provide guidance to others on site, showing technical expertise in mechanical and electrical systems. Ensure appropriate and compliant solutions and efficient customer service delivery. The Engineer will have advanced technical knowledge in more than one skill or technology area and will form part of the out of hours on call rota.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensure workload is planned, delivered to customer specification and agreed service requirement.
- Plan, prioritise and resource projects.
- Ensure compliance with statutory and company procedures, maintaining up to date knowledge of H&S and environmental regulations, and helping us to achieve our Zero Harm target.
- Install, commission and service plant equipment.
- Diagnose, fault-find, commission systems and monitor facility performance, through PPM programme, identifying any additional works required.
- Flexible working hours required.
- Administer and complete relevant paperwork.
- Understand and meet ongoing customer requirements, develop effective working relationships with business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors.
- At all times maintain a smart appearance and professional manner that is representative of Cofely in the workplace.
- Ability to work under pressure, take ownership of problems and deal with them to their conclusion
- Ensure that all issues are reported to the Team Leader/Technical Services Manager
Qualifications and Required Experience:
- Experience in Facilities management or general electrical maintenance.
- Recognised Electrical/Mechanical apprenticeship and or qualifications
- Working with Lighting and Small Power or Mechanical Systems
- 17th 18th Edition Wiring regulations
- Inspection and Testing
- Basic computer literate and ability to use handheld PDA.
- Sound awareness of risk assessment and working safely with equipment.
- Sound knowledge of Health & Safety
- Experience of working within a Healthcare environment preferred but not essential.
- Ability to follow instruction, work to plans (method statements), communicate, present and report technical information as appropriate to trade/skill.
- Full Driving Licence
How to Apply:
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01642 844550 to apply for the Multi-skilled Electrical Engineer vacancy.
Due to the high volume of applicants we will not contact unsuccessful applicants at screening process.
For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. RDR do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.