RDR are recruiting for a Senior Contracts Manager to be based in Southwark. This is a permanent full time role working 39 hours per week, Monday – Friday. On offer is a competitive salary, company vehicle or allowance and benefits package.
The Senior Contracts Manager will Work closely with Contract Managers to oversee and supervise a number of contracts from handover to final completion (completion of Defects Liability Period), including preparation of the SHEQ Plan. To understand, implement and adhere to the company SHEQ policy/strategy and ensure all employees reporting to you do the same and being responsible for ensuring that SHEQ requirements are upheld to the highest of standards at all times. Responsible for: Contracts Manager / Senior Site Manager / Project(s) Manager / Site Manager / Site Supervisor and reporting into the Operations Manager.
Main Responsibilities/Duties Include:
- Preparation and management of the contract programme, in conjunction with the Contract Manager
- Providing project direction, focus and consistency across a number of schemes
- Assistance in work generation
- Supervision of and responsibility of the Contract Managers and Site Managers
- To make regular site visits (minimum of one per week) to inspect the job.
- Check (and sign if required) the Contract Managers, Site Managers weekly check list
- Ensure that all inspections are being carried out (scaffold inspection, hoist etc)
- Ensure that all necessary permits are being completed (hot works, abrasive wheels etc)
- Supporting the Contract Managers by
- Walking the work and carrying out spot inspections
- Check the paperwork is in place:
- Ensure that all systems in place to ensure works are completed in accordance with the Company’s values
- Providing resource planning and team leadership
- Be responsible for your safety and others around you
- Make every effort to attend all mandatory courses related to your role
- Comply with all the roles and responsibilities as set out within the SHEQ management system
- Continually promote the company image and develop new relationships with clients and consultants
- Any other reasonable management request
Required Knowledge, Key Skills and Experience:
- Extensive experience within contract management
- Up to date relevant knowledge of building legislation
- Confident oral and written communication skills
- Financial and commercial awareness
- Communicate effectively with all those who have a stake in the work
- Effectively manage time in order to meet deadlines
- Ability to negotiate and influence
- Mentor and support others
- Possess sound management skills
- Able to deliver high quality presentations to senior members of the Company and Clients
How to apply:
Please email your CV to email@example.com or call Yaw on 01642 844550
Due to the high volume of applicants we will not contact unsuccessful applicants at screening process.
For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. RDR do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.