RDR are recruiting for a Site Assistant to work in Birmingham. This is a 6 month Fixed Term Contract (until April 2019) working 37.5 hours per week, Monday-Friday plus occasional Saturdays. The role involves working shifts on rota, as follows:
06:00-14:00; 08:00-16:00 and 11:00-19:00 hours
Reporting directly to the Site Manager, the Site Assistant is responsible for providing a flexible, efficient repair and maintenance service, carrying out duties which encompass semi-skilled engineering work; locking/unlocking school buildings; general portering and cleaning duties.
Specific Responsibilities/Duties Include:
- Completing all administrative functions correctly and efficiently, either via paper log books or appropriate IT software (e.g. CAFM system)
- To become fully conversant with all Company and site procedures and carry out all responsibilities accordingly
- Undertake a wide range of general care-taking duties, including unsupervised routine and non-routine maintenance and minor repair work
- Undertake general cleaning duties for a wide range of education sites
- Liaising with Help Desk via smartphone, to facilitate response to Faults
- Assisting in testing of fire alarm systems
Required Qualifications, Skills or Experience:
- Previous experience of working within a Facilities Management role/environment
- Time-served craftsperson with recognised mechanical qualifications
- Good communication skills – both written and oral
- Knowledge of computerised maintenance management systems (BMS)
- Willingness to undertake training relevant to the role
- Willingness to work shifts and occasional Saturdays
- Enhanced DBS
This role requires an enhanced disclosure an enhanced disclosure contains the following information:
All convictions both current and past, Cautions, reprimands and warnings held on the police national computer for England and Wales, Relevant convictions in Scotland and Northern Ireland may be included, Checks against the Children’s and Vulnerable adults barring list, Additional checks for relevant information held by the local police forces for the position being applied for.
How to apply:
Please email your CV to email@example.com or call on 01642 844550
Due to the high volume of applicants we will not contact unsuccessful applicants at screening process.
For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. RDR do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.