RDR are currently recruiting for a Legal Counsel to be based in Canary Wharf, London E14 5LQ. This is a 12 months, fixed term full-time role working 37.5 hours per week. On offer is a competitive salary, company vehicle, bonus and benefits package.
Duties of Legal Counsel
Our Client has interests in the UK’s foremost pumped storage facility as well as a well-established renewables development business (offshore and onshore wind and solar). Furthermore, it operates multiple customer sites with large-scale embedded generation capacity across the UK, providing specialist management of on-site generation with the ability to export to the Grid.
The primary purpose of the Legal Counsel is to support the Energy Infrastructure Division based in London by providing legal advice on and support to (a) a variety of projects including advising on green and brownfield developments, joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions and divestments; (b) the Energy Infrastructure owned operational assets on day to day operational issues; and (c) the Energy Infrastructure operational contracts for customer-owned energy assets.
- Provide legal advice on potential and committed projects to ensure legal risks are appropriately managed and understood.
- Review, comment, negotiate and/or draft agreements including development, construction, O&M, financing, share/asset purchase, offtake and joint venture agreements for both Client and customer owned assets.
- Conduct contract negotiations with project counterparties.
- Ensure compliance with applicable law.
- Provide general legal advice on day to day operational matters.
- Co-ordinate and manage the outsourcing of legal work when required for the Energy Infrastructure team to external advisers.
Knowledge and skills:
- Detailed knowledge of and experience in UK power generation and energy market.
- Detailed understanding of the construction industry standard forms in particular the JCT suite of contracts, NEC, FIDIC and IChemE.
- Ability to draft and negotiate a variety of project documentation including development, construction, O&M, financing, share/asset purchase, offtake and joint venture agreements.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship skills, with the ability to work effectively with people at all organisational levels and to influence and persuade others in a constructive manner.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Capability to negotiate individually and as part of a team.
- Excellent organisational skills – able to manage conflicting and demanding priorities.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Experience of negotiating bespoke construction and O&M agreements and agreements based on construction industry standard forms in particular the JCT suite of contracts, NEC, FIDIC and IChemE.
- Understanding the contractual framework surrounding energy transactions including power purchase agreements and experience of working on development projects within the UK energy market.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a small team environment
- Experience of the legal and regulatory framework for UK energy operations
- UK (or common law equivalent) qualified solicitor or barrister with a minimum of 6 years post qualification experience (although other candidates will be considered if they can demonstrate comparable experience).
How to Apply:
Please apply directly to email@example.com or call Yaw on 01642844550
Due to the high volume of applicants we will not contact unsuccessful applicants at screening process.
For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. RDR do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.